Highlights from Premier Li's news conference
Premier Li Keqiang met the press on Thursday after the closing of the fourth session of the 13th National People's Congress.
The premier took questions from Chinese and foreign reporters via video link.
Here are the highlights.
- Creating jobs still a government priority in 2021
- China aims to add over 11 million urban jobs this year
- Government policies to support business help avert massive unemployment
On novel coronavirus source tracing
- China open and cooperative about tracing origin of coronavirus, willing to continue work with WHO
- Global cooperation needed to end pandemic
On macro economy
- 2021 GDP target reflects uncertainties but allows for potential robust recovery
- China will continue support for small businesses
- Government to continue cutting expenditures while expanding support for businesses
On medical insurance
-China is poised to allow the reimbursement of medical bills for outpatients who receive treatment outside their home provinces